‘Tis the season for Peppermint Mocha’s & let’s be honest, it’s always the season for popcorn. Which is why during the holiday’s I’m always tempted to buy every flavor of drizzled popcorn on the shelves- I LOVE IT! But I don’t love the obtuse amounts of sugar they are loaded with, so I’m making my own.
- 1 1/2 TBSP Coconut Oil, solid
- 1/2 C. organic popcorn kernels
- 1/3 C coconut butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 C dark chocolate (chips or bar)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt (to taste)
- 2 candy canes, crushed.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil. Once heated, drop one kernel into the oil to test the heat. If bubbles start creating around the kernel, it is ready. Pour in remaining kernels & cover. Shaking constantly while popping.
- Once the popcorn has popped, fully. Lay on 1-2 baking sheets to cool. Don't overcrowd.
- While the popcorn is cooling. Melt the coconut butter & add peppermint extract. Drizzle the Peppermint mixture onto popcorn.
- Follow the same procedure with the chocolate & coconut oil. Melt together & drizzle.
- Salt to taste. Sprinkle with candy canes.